Thursday, November 12, 2020

Well dammit....

After months and months of taking every precaution and doing everything we could to keep ourselves safe, someone else’s carelessness has resulted in a positive COVID-19 test for Daddy. Mine -miraculously- was negative. Maybe being in another room facing a computer screen all day has its advantages.

I am feeling a complete rollercoaster of feelings — gratitude that dad’s case so far has been fairly mild: just a low-grade fever, a horrid cough (along the lines of a really bad case of bronchitis) and tiredness.... I have had a scratchy throat (a la post-nasal drip) but that’s it. 

But I’m also feeling a huge amount of anger and frustration. People are treating this virus so cavalierly and after months and watching figures jump exponentially.... how? How do people justify acting so nonchalantly? I’m angry at people who’ve put their own selfishness ahead of others. All it has taken is someone somewhere not caring.....

I can’t say it enough: WEAR THE DAMN MASK! Wash your freakin’ hands. Cover your mouth when you have to cough or sneeze. And be a responsible human being.  

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...