Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sleepy Sunday mornings....

I took Maddox for a walk on our usual jaunt through town. Sunday mornings are my favorite walk times with him. During the week, and sometimes on Saturdays, we walk at evening/night. It's pretty much either that or walk him in the dark in the mornings. Summers, yes, but not in the other 3 seasons.

I like the Sunday morning walks because the town is still asleep. The traffic is almost non-existent. It's peaceful. Saturday mornings are busy with people getting breakfast and running errands. On Sundays, they're all at home, getting ready for church (not that this is a bad thing).

Sunday is nice. It's just me, my dog, my thoughts, and me talking to Maddox ("good boy!"). It's good.

1 comment:

Talmadge said...

That's why -- despite my having been a "night-owl" for long as I can remember -- I love to be out and about before and at the crack of dawn. There's something really peaceful about driving at that hour, and I've found myself starting long trips (such as my recent visit to Birmingham) early in the morning whenever possible.

It's all about peace, that's what it is.

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...