Sunday, November 25, 2007

How flippin' hard is it?

There's a local radio station that's all-sports 24/7 or so they claim. Guess they're not counting the 4 hours of religious coverage on Sunday mornings, but that's not germane to this discussion. On the weekends, pretty much everything is satellite feed, with the exception of the local Sunday services.

So how come for quite a number of Sunday evenings, their Westwood One coverage of NFL has been replaced by dead air? Is it that hard to find someone who can push a flippin' button? Who can hang around the station to actually listen to what's happening on-air? Student volunteer? Satellite button-pusher having his girlfriend over for a turntable quickie?

How. Flippin. Hard. Is. It??????

3 comments:

Talmadge said...

* Mr. Gleck gobbles the bait *

And radio stations, in between gloating about how their ratings have trended upward for the last dozen or so books (never mind the pie has gone from super-size supreme to "personal pan"), wonder where the audience has gone.

If it's an AM station, the ugly truth is: the cluster doesn't give a pride of lion's fucks.

The sports/religion thing reminds me of the ugly trainwreck I heard several years back while in Tupelo. (I think I've told you this one) WTUP, former bottom-top-40 bastard stepchild and now Fox Sports affil, was running a Sunday service, as they've done since Trent Lott was a grade schooler.

12:00 rolls around.... "...and our hymn of invitation is on p---- ***ZING!!!***** FOX SPORTS RADIO!!!!!!! No ID, no nothing.

Sad, ain't it?

Oh, and what's a "turntable"? Does my verification - "fydlp" have something to do with it?

--"Johnny B." Gleck
Heard evenings 4:30-4:45 PM, on Sirius "Q" - You Can Almost Tell It's Not Me

Seraphim9 said...

LOL.....I was wondering when Tal was going to comment about this one. :-)

bolivar said...

A turntable quickie? Is that even possible? And if it is, how come I have never been told about this? Oh, I know - it's Clear Channel's fault.

My word verification is "fzezf". I wonder what that spells backwards.

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...