Monday, October 25, 2021

One More Time Around

So today has been my 52nd birthday. I’m thrilled to be here! Although I sometimes joke that “the next time my name appears in your crummy newspapers, it had better read ‘Blanche Devereaux COMMA 39…” But really, I’m perfectly happy to state my age. 


It sometimes feels hard to believe I’m 52. I still feel in my head that I’m in my late 20s or early 30s. My body tells me otherwise, especially with going through another PT regimen. I also see it as 52 years worth of fodder for an eventual story. It’s there and I will tell it somehow. 


But for today, I am content and overwhelmed by the love and care of friends! 

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...