Thursday, August 11, 2005

Joys of the Backside of Thirty

Once upon a time, I dreaded my 30th birthday with a horror. I grew up where 30 was the age where you had to "grow up" and the fun ended. And as tough as my 20s had been, I could only imagine the god-awful things that lay in wait after I turned the big 3-0. I couldn't have been more mistaken.

The 30s have been FAR better and kinder than my 20s ever were. My 20s were frought with navel-gazing and self-absorption. My 30s have been filled with great fun, lots of love and laughter, and amazing self-knowledge. I found strength, joy, wisdom, courage -- sometimes to a degree I didn't know I had within me.

Go back and relive those old days? NEVER!

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...