Tuesday, November 14, 2006

NaNoWriMo update

I'm at 18,000 words (give or take). Yeah, that's slightly behind pace, but I'm actually okay with that. There's always time to play catchup over the Thanksgiving holiday.

So far, I'm getting really invested in the characters and the story and where it's all going to lead. "C" and "E" have become awfully close to my heart. Even if this thing never gets published, I'm happy with knowing I've written more than I ever have before. Most of my short stories have been about 15 pages or so. I'm up to 50 so far. WOW........

To all my friends who are doing this -- KEEP AT IT!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Annette!

I'm also really happy with my story. It's one I've been sitting on for at least 15 years, and I can't believe where it's taken me--some things have happened when I've written it that I've been shocked. I never understood when authors said, "I never thought the characters would take me where they did until I got there" but now I understand completely.

I'm nearing the 50K mark, but nowhere near finished.

I won't be writing much this week, since my dad will be here. But oh well! :)

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...