Monday, May 05, 2008

A very happy anniversary!

This past Saturday marked one year since Maddox came bounding into our lives. And for the life of me, I cannot imagine (nor do I want to) life without him. It had been nearly 20 years since I'd owned a pet. I'm older and wiser than I was then, and smarter about what to do. And of course, it's always trial and error.

It's been an interesting year -- obedience training and retraining (and occasionally re-retraining!). Stomach upsets, e. coli, and hypothyroidism. But much love, sweet kissies, and the occasional walking injury, usually caused by the hot pursuit of a squirrel.

I wouldn't trade this year for anything!

I love you, buddy!

1 comment:

Talmadge said...

First out of many.

Haven't meet you, Maddox, but keep on keepin' on. We have an image to uphold. Just don't get all crotchety and coot-like as I am.

Your sister in caninehood,
Puddy

Word verification = vvrtf ... that's the sound I just made while changing positions on the floor at Daddy's side.

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...