Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's baaa-aaack....

And now I sound like Marge Simpson.

I felt it starting Saturday night, the old familiar scratchy-scratch feeling in my throat. And instead of going to the Johnny Cash/Barry White end of things, it's gone Marge Simpson. So I went to our family doctor today to make sure it wasn't strep.

Whew, thank you saints and angels, it isn't. What is happening is a horrid case of post-nasal drip due to nasal allergies. Makes me remember the old Dristan commercials about "post-nasal drip" ... but that's another thought. Anyway, I'll be taking Claritin and Nasonex and seeing what progresses from there.

Makes me kind of wish I'd had my tonsils and adenoids removed as a child.....

***

IN OTHER NEWS.......

I had a great time Sunday and yesterday with my friends, The Glecks (Tal & Sera). Sera had an entry in the National Gingerbread House Competition at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville NC. I loved her entry, precisely because it wasn't a Christmas-y entry. There's nothing in the rulebook that says "Christmas entries only" and no reason other than pure tradition to associate gingerbread with Christmas. Quite honestly, I think of it as a fall thing myself.

Anyway, there were bookoo entries, all with that overwhelming Christmas theme. I could write an entire diatribe on that, but I won't bore you. Suffice to say that while Sera's house didn't get in the Top 10, it should have, and I am proud to say that the comments I heard about her entry were very positive, and was captured in quite a few cameras.

We also got to meet actress Melissa Reeves, who played Jennifer (Horton) Devereaux on Days of Our Lives for a number of years. She could not have been a more gracious individual, and genuinely happy that her work had been received well. I watched Days for many years in high school and college, and always enjoyed her performances. She and her family live in Tennessee now, and she had a friend who was also an entrant.

As for next year, ideas have been tossed up...... (insert very evil, maniacal laugh right here).

1 comment:

Talmadge said...

Speaking of meds, we are in awe of your CVS "love offering" toward us.

Either that, or else you left 'em in the room. Say the word and I'll send 'em your way ... or else save for next time we get together, seeing as how we never fail to make you sick. ;-)

It was a wonderful time. Thanks so much for sharing in our little adventure. Your friendship means so much to the both of us.

--Talmadge "Woke up with a mean sore throat this morning" Gleck

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...