Sunday, September 25, 2011

If you ever wondered why...

For most of the days of the week, I set my Facebook status each morning with a positive quote, or at least food for thought. Why? Because I need to..........

I need to remember the beauty in life, especially when I feel saddened by the state of the world.
I need to remember that everything really does work together for good, especially when I see things that make no sense in a fair and just place.
I need to remember that there is a higher purpose and a better way to live, especially when I get bogged down in the minutiae of things that really don't matter in the long run.
I need to remember that most people really are good at heart, especially when it seems that so much attention is focused on the ones whose hearts are not in good places.
I need to remember that I need to live my life by higher thoughts, higher principles, especially when I fall so far short of those lofty standards.
I need to remember, and I need to act. I need to aspire, and I need to strive.

Do I succeed each day? Yes, as often as I fail in the same goals.

Every single day is a do-over, every moment a chance to reclaim the good and to eschew the bad. It is a chance to try harder and forgive ourselves - and others - for our shortcomings. It is a calling to go higher, dream bigger, work harder, and to reach farther. And this is why I post those inspirational thoughts -- because I need to remember.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Very nice post. I like this. :-)

Cary McNeal said...

Agreed!

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...