Sunday, November 17, 2013

There Oughta Be A Law

If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know my absolute loathing of the Christmas Creep. We now begin Halloween in August and before the candy corn goes on sale on November 1, they've already long trotted out the red and green. Entire sections of store shelves look as if they've thrown up a bad salad.

And so it is with Christmas music on the radio. There needs to be a law that says, "The FCC outlaws the playing of holiday music by any licensed station prior to the celebration of Thanksgiving Holidays in the United States, its territories, etc. etc. Yeah, this means YOU...."

How many bad versions of "Little Drummer Boy" must we endure? And so help me God, I cannot take Mariah Carey's mauling of an otherwise lovely hymn ("O Holy Night") even one more time. Or we're up to .... what, 35 years now? ... of Linda McCartney (God rest her soul) and her horrific two-fingered synth playing on "Wonderful Christmastime"?

And I absolutely want to poke out my eardrums with the BIG knitting needles every single blasted time I hear Yoko Ono bleating out "A vewwy mewwy Cwissmaaaaaahhhhhhssss........."

WHY don't we have a law for this yet???

2 comments:

EEBLibertyLU said...

yeah Rudolph is on TV 26 November and Charlie Brown Christmas is on 28 November (Thanksgiving night). Not big on bigger government and laws but I agree its way too ridiculous to have Christmas before my birthday (16 November) and should be restrained to December.
Although for those handmaking items and needing craft supplies I think an exception can be made for those stores since everything used to be handmade for Christmas.

Unknown said...

I'm with ya. I like good Christmas Music, but the crap they play on the radio is NOT good Christmas Music. It's crap. And it's months of crap now rather than just a few weeks.

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...