Friday, May 11, 2012

Fill In the Blank Friday, 5/10

The original author is a bit under the weather, so she made the FITBF with a health-oriented theme. Y'all know health/wellness is dear to my heart, so...........





1.  On a scale from 1-10 the frequency with which I get sick is,   actually SICK, is a one. Going to the doctor, about a 6 ..... at least this year. Most of my illnesses tend to involve migraine, and well, no cure for that    .

2.   The last time I felt sick was    about a month ago when I had that blasted horrid stomach bug ..... OOOOOG! That was a real bummer. Of course, this back/hip thing is no fun either but I'm hardly down for the count    .

3.  The worst part about being sick is     the helplessness       because     being helpless is on my list right below root canal and a million other things. I am not one to admit there are things I cannot do .... and illness takes that from me .

4. When I am sick I like to be taken care of by     being left alone unless I ask you to do something for me I cannot do at that time. But don't ask me every 10 minutes how I am.... I'm sick. That's how I am. Just leave me to my own world .

5. Something I do to keep myself healthy is     just not think about being sick. For all the years that I wasn't covered by health insurance, I just tried my best to "think myself well" ..... most of the time, it worked (except for that pesky gallstone thing) .

6. A secret remedy that I use when I'm sick is to    well, again, dependent upon the illness. For migraine, my secret remedy is to try Excedrin Migraine if I think I'm even getting close to a headache. And I also try to eat as healthy as possible, supplement well, and just take care of myself as much as I can  .

7.  One thing that always makes me feel better when I'm sick is   hmm..... music. Yeah, music makes everything better  .

Hope you have a fun non-illness-filled weekend!

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...