Saturday, September 01, 2012

Well dangit

I meant to post this yesterday so I would have a post for August.... oh well, crud happens. And it's not exactly Friday anymore but hey, it's a long weekend so it's one big Friday (wahoo!)


Fill in the Blank Friday

And I remembered to inclue a link this time!!

1.  Over this labor day weekend I will be     doing nothing super-special. Work, church, okay one thing special: REST   .

2.  With the political debates going on right now, my thoughts are   "and just WHY did I major in political science??" Honestly, I used to love this time of an election year, but the increasing polarization in our society makes me ALMOST wish for the abolition of the two-party system and go with coalition governments. ALMOST, because coalition governments on the surface don't provide the stability to keep necessary government programs/processes running smoothly .... especially since our bureaucracy has devolved back into the spoils system (they say it hasn't, but....) Okay, enough on this topic     .

3.  Today   is a busy day but a good one. And a day to plan my September schedule, since it is going to be absolutely INSANE-O for the next couple of weeks  .
4. The best thing I've cooked recently was   a barley stew with ground turkey. It is from a Taste of Home cookbook and modified (it called for ground beef but I didn't have any). But most of my cooking lately has been more mix-n-match (chicken breasts, pieces of fish, etc. and heated frozen veggies)..... you know, grab 1 meat, two veggies in the morning for lunch..... it works, though .

5. The last thing I bought was    hmm, what was it? OH! besides groceries, I bought some things online and they arrived this week -- an immersion blender and massage mat for my chair. Yeah, living the high life .

6. The best movie I saw this summer was     okay, don't laugh. I don't see movies at the theater, because I can actually get physically ill in them. So I usually just watch them on PPV at home..... but honestly, I haven't seen any lately. Too involved with watching Braves games this summer!    .


7.  The best book I read this summer was    I've been working on several of them, actually, but getting around to FINISHING one???? HAHAHAHAAHHAHAA!!!  I'm currently involved in three of them: "The Fire-Starter Sessions" (Danielle LaPorte), "Prayer of the Heart" (Fr. George Maloney, SJ), and "The Gifts of Imperfection" (Brene Brown). Okay, wait, I actually DID finish one book this summer -- no, two!!! OMG! "Angry Conversations with God" (Susan E. Isaacs) and "Traveling Mercies" (Anne Lamott)..... wow. I didn't think I'd even finished one this summer .

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...