Thursday, December 11, 2003

Sixteen tons.....

Just a couple of random thoughts.

1. I have the highest respect for the medical profession -- doctors, nurses, technicians, and so forth -- especially after my surgery this summer. They are wonderful people who do a great job (or at least that holds true for my situation). The medical business (billing, insurance, costs, etc.) is another story. I just found out this afternoon that because I am slightly over the income limits, and worked hard to save back a little for my retirement in 35 years, I now will be spending the next 14 kazillion years of my life paying off this operation. Merry friggin' Christmas.

2. But just as I was feeling my absolute lowest today (just after talking to the hospital's business office), I came home to a WONDERFUL gift! Several of us SPQ gals took part in a Christmas card swap -- and mine arrived today!!!!! These are some awfully creative wimmins, and I'm proud to be part of them! I laughed, I cried (but in a good way), and feel as if I can take on the world again tomorrow ..... just when I felt like thinking, "Why even bother?" Thanks, ladies -- you might have been just sending a card, but what you sent me was hope and love, along with a little faith in myself and in the basic goodness of life. You can't beat that for a Christmas gift!!!

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...