Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Channeling Julia Sugarbaker....

You know, it isn't often that something truly riles me... but this "Christian Exodus" crapola has done just that.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, Carolina is my home. By Carolina, I mean both Upstate SC and Western North Carolina as well (I have ancestral roots there as well). Quite honestly, I've always felt that Eastern TN, NE Georgia, Western NC, and Upstate SC should sort of be its own state..... but that's another subject. Anyhow, Carolina is my home -- always has been, perhaps always will be. And yes, there are lots of times when I shake my head in bewilderment at some of the shenanigans that go on in this area. But when things are right, it can be paradise.

Therein lies the problem. What is sometimes paradise to one is another's hell. I for one do not want a bunch of outsiders coming in, thinking that they're going to turn my beloved paradise into some sort of Six Flags Over Jesus. And furthermore, to whiiiiiiiiiiine when things aren't like they were back in (insert 40 out of the remaining 49 states). Because I will be quite hard-pressed not to say, "Well, who invited your sorry, whiny, holier-than-thou, agitating, carpetbagging carcass into my paradise?" -- and a thousand other lines: "Delta's ready when you are." "I-85 -- goes north, goes south, take your pick and your bags with you too."

I tell you, it's making a move to Asheville NC (still in my area of Carolina) -- and best known as the Eastern Hippie Haven -- look better and better all the time. For whatever reason, Western NC seems to be more tolerant and open-minded (or at least sometimes).

GRRRRRRR! This whole thing just chaps my hide!

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...