Saturday, March 11, 2006

Technodiva!!!

Okay, I'm not as much of a technodiva as some other gals I know (especially Raven and KIA), but I can hold my own. The last month, I have finally taken my technology forward -- okay, as far forward as I can actually afford!

I had to get a new cell phone. My old one was 3 years old and a damn good bare-bones phone to boot. But alas, it was so drained and so dead to charging, that even the folks at the cellular store couldn't get it up and running long enough to do a data transfer. (Luckily, I could..... doofi!) The new one is great -- camera, Bluetooth, mobile web, all the good stuff. Except..... they don't have my old ringtone. My old one was "Layla" by Derek & The Dominoes. No one else I knew had it, and I loved it. Right now, I've made do with "Margaritaville" -- but as much as I love Buffett, I want "Layla" back. Someday soon.....

Today, as part of my new fitness plan, I bought an MP3 player. No, it's not an iPod or any sort of Apple brand. My home technology doesn't support it (and to the shame of this technodiva, I'm still running Win98) -- but I did get an MP3 player with Sports module (including heartbeat/pulse monitor, stopwatch, etc.), and it's good enough to get me through a walk or a workout. And quite honestly, that's all I need it for.

Next technoplan: a much needed upgrade to my beloved desktop (or a replacement), a laptop of some sort, and wireless networking in the house. Of course, this will happen when I hit a big prize in the lottery......

And to all the TRUE technodivas: Y'ALL ROCK!!!

1 comment:

Talmadge said...

Welcome to the 'pod generation. Ain't those MP3 players swell? Mine is a Philips "GoGear" - haven't yet decided what to call it, an MP3 player or, simply, my "pod" ....

We replaced our cellphones last Fall, and while I love the color screen, the ring sound is not very loud - and this is turned up to "11"! Can't say I'm very fond of the ringtone selections available for it, either.

How in tarnation can a "Layla" ringtone be so difficult to find??

-TG

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...