Sunday, March 19, 2006

Tired but rejuvenated too.

Well. I am pooped but strangely rejuvenated as well.

I went to Atlanta yesterday for a weekend with some of mah homegirls, the North Jawja Queens. We met for lunch at Chili's and got to see the 6-week-old son of one of our girls -- and he's going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up! We laughed and laughed! Then "PS" and I went shopping, and back to her place (and a shout-out to her main man, "Harlin") for a quick nap before the evening festivities. "GTA" joined us and off we went.

We got to our evening place of repast and entertainment -- and believe me, it was most definitely entertaining!!! We laughed our butts off all evening long! Okay, we Queenly gals have a tendency to do that anyway, but when you toss the general public into the mix..... you just never know.

First there was the "performance artiste" who got on the dance floor shortly after we exited to cool off our tootsies. She was voguing and posing all over the place. And during a quick spin on the floor .... well, you know the 5th song on the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack? Or the story of Holly in Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side"? Let's just say Miss Vida Boheme was in da house. And later got 3 more of her friends to show.

Then Ted Nugent appeared as well. Or at least a guy who was a cross between the Motor City Madman, and Madman Charles Manson. He and Vida Boheme spent a lot of time talking.....

We all did the Time Warp and had our pictures made on the dance floor (group shot) as well.

Oh God, there was so much stuff I don't know where to begin. But let's just say a very good time was had by most! And I can't wait for next month's gathering!

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...