Sunday, April 16, 2006

One Hit Wonders of the 70s

While I came of age in the 80s, I have a deep fondness for 70s music. 80s music is when specific songs were attached to specific memories. 70s music ... well, a little less so. It reminds me of a sweet, sunny childhood -- and a few special moments.

Much thanks and praise to Wikipedia for a great list (see the link for the whole list). Some of the songs, well I admit that I had no clue about either the song or the artist.... so I truncated it to discuss the ones I know.

Here goes......

"Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" by McFadden & Whitehead -- great song!

"Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band -- I don't know what to say, except that I can only admit that I do know all the words to it. Yea, verily, I even have it on CD (thanks to the Starsky & Hutch soundtrack).

"All Right Now" by Free -- I can take it or leave it. I hear it most often these days on radio ads for Tweeter.

"Angel In Your Arms" by Hot -- a good song! I liked this one as a kid (didn't really know the meaning of the lyrics)....

"Beach Baby" by The First Class -- oh my! When my friend Tee moved in next door, this was one of the first songs we played on her record player after she set up her bedroom. A sweet memory....

"Because The Night" by Patti Smith Group -- raw Springsteen. I kind of prefer the Natalie Merchant cover, but that's just me.

"Black Betty" by Ram Jam -- still a classic!

"Born to Be Alive" by Patrick Hernandez -- has a good beat and you can dance to it.

"Brother Louie" by Stories -- a very daring story for its day.

"Chevy Van" by Sammy Johns -- no specific memories attached, but it makes me think of summer, and playing out in my yard. For some strange reason, I also have an image of butterflies when I think of this song ... don't know why. Guess I'll call songs like that "Summer Memory Songs"

"The City Of New Orleans" by Arlo Guthrie -- I didn't appreciate the song back then, but I have grown to love this song.

"Cruel to be Kind" by Nick Lowe -- I think this was 5th grade. I just remember Darran G. talking about how he didn't like the song. I did, so I kept my mouth shut. I also remember wondering what "cruel to be kind" meant. I found out many years (and tears) later.

"Dancing in the Moonlight" by King Harvest -- another one I love to death. And also part of my "Summer Memory Songs" collection.

"Day By Day" by Godspell -- I definitely don't remember first run of Godspell songs, but picked up on them later in life. This is one of the ones I love most ... primarily, because I pray the same thing.

"Disco Duck (Part 1)" by Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots -- no comment.

"Don't Ever Wanna Lose Ya" by New England -- I do not remember this one on first go-round, and was intro'd to this song by my friend Talmadge. It was very good.

"Don't Give Up on Us" by David Soul -- I do own this on CD (a 1977 collection). I thought it was cheesy then, and still think so, but in a cool-cheesy kind of way.

"Do You Wanna Make Love?" by Peter McCann -- I remember this one. If my grandmother had heard it, she'd have gone apoplectic (if Dr. Hook gave her fits). These days, they'd have to sing: "Do you wanna make love / If so, I need your sexual history / and the results of your tests / to ensure you don't have an STD....."

"Dueling Banjos" by Eric Weissberg and Steve Mandell -- toothless inbred kids eating applesauce through a straw.

"Easy Loving" by Freddie Hart -- I don't remember the song. I do remember some cheesy commercial in the 80s for a greatest hits collection by Freddie. I didn't know who he was, but I didn't like him. He seemed sleazy and smarmy.

"Emotion" by Samantha Sang -- another song in the Great Gibb Machine.

"The Entertainer" by Marvin Hamlisch -- for some reason, I always think of this song and all my friends who took piano lessons learning to play this song.

"Falling" by LeBlanc and Carr -- I remember this song, and I liked it. But I can claim youthful naivete, can't I?

"Feelings" by Morris Albert -- GAAAAAAKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! Hated it then, hate it even more now.

"A Fifth of Beethoven" by Walter Murphy and The Big Apple Band -- I didn't mind this one then. I can only do penance now.

"Fool (If You Think It's Over)" by Chris Rea -- I liked this one a lot. I found it again a few years back, put it on CD ... but the CD messed up during recording. I also deleted the file. Damn.

"Fooled Around and Fell in Love" by Elvin Bishop -- love, love, love it.

"Get Used To It" by Roger Voudouris -- I have this one on CD, on a collection. I had completely forgotten about it until I played the CD. A nice song.

"Gonna Fly Now (Theme from "Rocky")" by Bill Conti -- GAG! x infinity

"Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues" by Danny O'Keefe -- I do remember this one.

"Got To Be Real" by Cheryl Lynn -- an excellent dance song (signed, Unabashed Disco Fan). And one of the three best things about the Gong Show (the other two being the Unknown Comic and Gene, Gene, the Dancing Machine).

"Happy Days" by Pratt and McClain -- back when TV theme songs could hit Top 40.

"Heaven Knows" by Brooklyn Dreams (with Donna Summer, who is not a one-hit wonder) -- now I loved this one. I thought it was a good song.

"Heaven On The 7th Floor" by Paul Nicholas -- wow! Another good dance one I'd forgotten.

"Help Me Make It Through The Night" by Sammi Smith -- a country classic, written by Kris Kristofferson. And my favorite parody is Pinkard & Bowden's "Help Me Make It Through the Yard"!

"Here Comes the Sun" by Richie Havens -- I don't remember when it first came out. I do remember seeing it on MTV's "Closet Classics" (Damn! THAT was a good show!) .... and thinking, "WHAAAA? That's a George Harrison song!" I do enjoy Richie Haven's version.

"Hey There Lonely Girl" by Eddie Holman -- an awesome falsetto song!

"Hocus Pocus" by Focus -- ooohohohohohohohohohohoh, badabop, ho ho! (my impression of a yodel in cyberspace)

"Hold Your Head Up" by Argent -- I hate this song. I change the station every time it comes on. Horrid. Horrid. Horrid.

"Hot Child in the City" by Nick Gilder -- guilty pleasure song. Yeah, even as a kid, I knew it was not just some innocent song. Granny would have also gone apoplectic over this one too....

"Hot Rod Lincoln" by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen -- great novelty song. Love it. Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, pray for us!

"How Long" by Ace -- great song with a good vocal by journeyman singer Paul Carrack.

"The Hustle" by Van McCoy and the Soul City Symphony -- tuna hotdog!

"I Can Help" by Billy Swan -- not one of my favorites, but I don't turn it off either.

"I Love" by Tom T. Hall -- awwwww!!!! Everyone say it now: awwww!!!!

"I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round)" by Alicia Bridges -- oh mah God, I love this one. And I remember the disco scene from Love at First Bite (come to think of it, that was a pretty cool movie when I was a kid. Cheesy now, but.....)

"I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (in Perfect Harmony)" by Hillside Singers -- Thank you, Double-Q, for your great parody: "I'd like to buy the world a Choke, and end its misery."

"I'd Love to Change the World" by Ten Years After -- great song! I love it, and it's on one of my random 70s compilations, right before "Never Been to Spain" (so by the end of both songs, I'm in a total rockin' mood). Love, love this song.

"I'm Easy" by Keith Carradine -- kind of one of those "Summer Memory Songs" mentioned earlier. Just reminds me of playing outside in nice summer days. And I do have this one somewhere.

"I'm Not Lisa" by Jessi Colter -- I remember not liking this one as a kid. I thought it was kind of silly. As an adult, my understanding of the song changed, and so did my opinion. Jessi was a tougher woman than many realized, and God bless her for all she did for Waylon.

"(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want to Be Right" by Barbara Mandrell -- uh, HELLO????? Luther Ingram did it first. And did it right.

"In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry -- I used to like this one when I was a kid. Then one day I listened to the lyrics. I have disliked the song ever since. Love the beat and the melody, but hate the words.

"Indiana Wants Me" by R. Dean Taylor -- vaguely remember, and in my opinion, Indiana is foolish. Take him, please.

"Jim Dandy" by Black Oak Arkansas -- what I remember about Black Oak Arkansas was that one Sunday, Jimmy Swaggart claimed that a guitarist for them came to one of his revivals and got saved (coulda happened). And that he didn't know what the Hades his son Donnie meant when he said that the BOA guitarist was there ("and I thought, 'There's a town somewhere with an official guitarist'?") ---BWAAAAH! As for the song, mehhhhh. I can leave it.

"Joy" by Apollo 100 -- "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" should never be messed with. Period.

"Jungle Fever" by Chakachas -- bow-chicka-bom-bom music.....

"Just When I Needed You Most" by Randy Vanwarmer -- I liked this one when it came out. There's a teeeeeeeensy part of me that still does. But it's kind of drecky and cloying and annoying and makes me want to take him to Cher in 1988 who will smack him and say, "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

"The King Is Gone" by Ronnie McDowell -- sweet God in heaven. Another *(&#@^ing "Elvis is dead" song. If you ever have the opportunity to read "50 Worst Albums and 50 Worst Singles" ... well, in between is a whole "Elvis tribute" section that will leave you in tears and gasping for breath (because it's so damn funny!)

"King Tut" by Steve Martin (and the Toot Uncommons (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band), which is not a one-hit wonder) -- born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia, King Tut!

"Knock On Wood" by Amii Stewart -- I've listened to the Eddie Floyd original, and ... well, I like this version better. Let's say I'm more familiar with this one. Hell of a good dance song.

"Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas -- somehow, Hong Kong Phooey comes to mind when I think of this song.

"The Last Farewell" by Roger Whittaker -- a master of easy listening, and a can't-beat ballad. Okay, I grew to like this one a lot because we sang it in choir in high school. I still remember some of the words.

"Lay a Little Lovin' On Me" by Robin McNamara -- I remember the chorus, and again, one of those "Summer Memory Songs"

"Life Is a Rock (But the Radio Rolled Me)" by Reunion -- now THIS is a great one!

"Livin' It Up (Friday Night)" by Bell and James -- 70s? I seem to remember this one from the early 80s. Oh well.

"Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)" by Edison Lighthouse -- meehhhhhh. Can take or leave.

"Love Is In the Air" by John Paul Young -- I liked this one.

"Lovin' You" by Minnie Riperton -- say what you will: Minnie Riperton had a hellacious vocal range. Take THAT, Mariah! It's a shame she died so young.

"Magic" by Pilot -- Summer Memory Song #(what are we up to now?). Rather inoffensive.

"Magnet and Steel" by Walter Egan -- I love this one!

"Makin' It" by David Naughton -- wouldn't you like to be a sitcom star and make a record of your theme song, too?

"Making Our Dreams Come True" by Cyndi Grecco -- TV Themes abound....

"Mercy, Mercy, Mercy" by Cannonball Adderley -- now, I think of this one as a 60s song. Go figure. Anyhow, Queen Latifah did an awesome remake on her "Dana Owens Project" CD. Love the song.

"Mississippi Queen" by Mountain -- ROCK ON!!!!

"Montego Bay" by Bobby Bloom -- Summer Memory Song #(last one plus one).

"Mr. Big Stuff" by Jean Knight -- Mr. Big Stuff messed with her toot-toot.

"Music Box Dancer" by Frank Mills -- I loved it then. I have grown up since then.

"My Maria" by B.W. Stevenson -- I loved this one. Still do. And as much as I do love Brooks & Dunn, they shoulda left a good memory alone.

1 comment:

Talmadge said...

"Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band
I think some motels in Santee, S.C. have this playing over and over on in-room Muzak.

"All Right Now" by Free
A B2AC classic rock song. Fortunately I have the trump card: the original 45 edit. The guitar hook is mixed differently, is mixed a bit ‘hotter’ and omits some of the middle bridge. It’s the version I came of age digging on 1970 top-40 radio, and for me it allows me to still enjoy this, sans baggage.

"Beach Baby" by The First Class
One of those songs I didn’t go too much for in 4th grade, but over the years it grew on me. Tony Burrows strikes again!

"Because The Night" by Patti Smith Group
I’ll take the original. :-) Not all songs on top-40 radio in 1978 were cringeworthy.

"Black Betty" by Ram Jam
--still a classic!

A sadly underrated classic.

"Born to Be Alive" by Patrick Hernandez
Wha–?? You mean GOOD disco in 1979 not recorded by R&B acts???? ;-)

"Chevy Van" by Sammy Johns
Memories of WTUP in Tupelo, Miss. Back then, ‘TUP was the repressive top-40 station to end all repressive top-40s. I think your grandmother programmed it. ;-) The station manager had to audition each record, beginning to end, before it was allowed into rotation.

I think he was asleep when he OK’ed this one.

"The City Of New Orleans" by Arlo Guthrie
We’d moved to Tupelo in late 1971. Memphis top-40s were within decent reach, and both of ‘em played this one to death. I hear it today and my mind takes a mental trip to a truly magical corner of Tennessee.

But I have a feeling Arlo didn't think about littering during his train ride. He learned his lesson, right Officer Obie?

"Cruel to be Kind" by Nick Lowe
Summer of ‘79. A great “middle ground” pop record.

"Dancing in the Moonlight" by King Harvest
Add to my own “Super ‘70s” anthology. FROM K-"TAL"! RECORD, 8.99! TAPE OR CASSETTE, 9.99! AVAILABLE AT WOOLWORTH-WOOLCO-TG&Y-SEARS-SUPER D-AND-SKAGGS!

"Disco Duck (Part 1)" by Rick Dees and His Cast of Idiots
He was otherwise funny back then. The Memphis Rick Dees was a real hoot to listen to, but “Disco Duck” led to the downfall of a great Memphis top-40 radio station. Long story.

"Don't Ever Wanna Lose Ya" by New England
-- I do not remember this one on first go-round, and was intro'd to this song by my friend Talmadge. It was very good.

Yeahhhhhhh .... Add to “Summer Fun ‘79” ... ALSO! FROM! K-TAL!

"Don't Give Up on Us" by David Soul
“Did you bring me my Cheez-Wiz, boy??” “It’s playing now, Elwood.”

"Do You Wanna Make Love?" by Peter McCann
This record makes me seriously consider going celibate.

"Dueling Banjos" by Eric Weissberg and Steve Mandell
Listen, and you can hear pigs squealing in the night.

"Easy Loving" by Freddie Hart
I wholly concur with your “sleazy and smarmy” label.

"Falling" by LeBlanc and Carr
-- I remember this song, and I liked it. But I can claim youthful naivete, can't I?

Yeah, that’ll get you through the door. Personally I found the song a bit galling. Ahem.

"Feelings" by Morris Albert
There is no good to be said about this record.

"A Fifth of Beethoven" by Walter Murphy and The Big Apple Band
As a disco song I can take it or leave it.

"Fool (If You Think It's Over)" by Chris Rea
I originally thought it was depressing, and didn’t go out of my way to listen to it. Then Rea came back in the late ‘80s with songs like “Workin’ On It”, “On the Beach” (love it!), “Texas”, “Let’s Dance” and especially “The Road To Hell.” I developed a real taste for his dark style. I then retroactively embraced “Fool.” (“Whatever Happened to Benny Santini?”, on the same album as FIYTIO, is a wonderful unsung classic)

"Fooled Around and Fell in Love" by Elvin Bishop
Still have the Capricorn 45 from 5th grade, too. It was years later before I learned that Elvin only played guitar .... it was Mickey “Jaaaaaaaaaaaaane!” Thomas on vocals.

"Get Used To It" by Roger Voudouris
Yet another unappreciated pop masterpiece.

"Got To Be Real" by Cheryl Lynn
-- an excellent dance song (signed, Unabashed Disco Fan). And one of the three best things about the Gong Show (the other two being the Unknown Comic and Gene, Gene, the Dancing Machine).

Agreed on “excellent dance song.” It’s even good for just sitting and listening, too (signed, More Of A “Dancin’ Fool” Then Frank Zappa).

But what about Jaye P. Morgan??!!

"Heaven Knows" by Brooklyn Dreams (with Donna Summer, who is not a one-hit wonder)
One of the only songs on this list I don’t recognize. Hmmmm....

"Heaven On The 7th Floor" by Paul Nicolas
I'll hold out for the 8th floor and sit out for a decade. I hear Aerosmith will need this elevator car.

"Help Me Make It Through The Night" by Sammi Smith
BLEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!! (Sorry, Gran Lera – I loathed this song then, and still do. You loved it enough for both of us)

"Here Comes the Sun" by Richie Havens
One of these days I really need to make the anthology of great (IMO) Beatle covers — the working title I’ve had since college is “All This and World War III” — and if/when I do, the Havens cover of HCTS will be toward the top. A marvelous treatment.

"Hey There Lonely Girl" by Eddie Holman
Memories of when I was just beginning to discover top-40 (I was ahead of the curve here – began getting into music and radio by age 4-5).

But dammit, my balls hurt when I hear it.

"Hocus Pocus" by Focus
Hey Bolivar, remember the summer of ‘98 when you, Sera, and me were driving back from Tunica ... and you had Focus’ “Moving Waves” blasting? You and I were doing the yodeling ... while Seraphim was completely befuddled, and probably thinking, “Oh gawd, just what have I gotten myself into. Wonder if I should ask to be let out at the Greyhound station when we get into Memphis???”

"Hold Your Head Up" by Argent --Horrid. Horrid. Horrid.
Awwwww man! Okay, I grant you it's far from Argent's best song (my vote there goes for "It's Only Money" -- or possibly "Dance in the Smoke"), but I have some great memories of the song (I'll 'splain in an e-mail)

"Hot Child in the City" by Nick Gilder
No guilt necessary. Even better with the little tag after the acapella ending.

"Hot Rod Lincoln" by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen
-- Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, pray for us!

Bob and The Good Old Boys are gainin’ on us!!!

"How Long" by Ace
[please pardon me while I don my armor suit ...... okay, ready!]
I’m also actually fond of Rod Stewart’s 1981 remake. Okay, bring on the garden-fresh Kroger produce........

"The Hustle" by Van McCoy and the Soul City Symphony
Ewwwwwww, memories of 6th grade P.E., when the jive black coach made us dance that stupid thing (he also had us dancin’ the Car Wash). Ahhhhhhh, Tupelo!

"I Love" by Tom T. Hall
-- Everyone say it now: awwww!!!!

I’ve got another word to say after “awwwwww”, but I’ll refrain because I don’t want to give your blog an R rating.

"I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round)" by Alicia Bridges
You can like this for both of us. At 41, I’m getting a bit too old for the night life, and especially for this so-called aaaaack-SHAWN!!

"I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (in Perfect Harmony)" by Hillside Singers
-- Thank you, Double-Q, for your great parody: "I'd like to buy the world a Choke, and end its misery."

Johnny B thanks you for your patronage. Did you remember to fill in the Arbitron diary?

"I'm Easy" by Keith Carradine
A lost classic. Just one word to describe it: Nice. Very, very nice.

"(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want to Be Right" by Barbara Mandrell
-- uh, HELLO????? Luther Ingram did it first. And did it right.

What’s more, the intro of the Ingram original sums up the mood to a T .... After the first few bars, I want another bar ... of Ivory. Because I suddenly feel the need for a shower, I feel so dirty and sleazy.

"In the Summertime" by Mungo Jerry
One word: OVERRATED!!!!!

"Indiana Wants Me" by R. Dean Taylor
Played backwards, you hear: “I am the Prince of Death Row, Lieutenant Girard. We want YOU, Kimble.” Best of all, you can manually spin the record backward even if you have only one arm.

"Jim Dandy" by Black Oak Arkansas
--("and I thought, 'There's a town somewhere with an official guitarist'?") ---BWAAAAH! As for the song, mehhhhh. I can leave it.

There IS a town called Black Oak. It’s located about 20 miles east of Jonesboro, in fact. One day I was enjoying a leisurely evening at Indian Mall with a couple of friends, and saw this biker-looking guy with long blond hair walk past us. Yeppers, that was Jim “Dandy” Mangrum. The closest I’ve ever come to meeting an icon of classic rock.

"Joy" by Apollo 100
I have the whole album, having liberated it from a local thrift store last Summer. Gotta say I can take it or leave it, if only because I think J.S. Bach is too stuffy and deserved to have some of his stuff tweaked.

I’m still waiting for the punk/ska reworking of Pachelbel’s Canon, by the way.

"Jungle Fever" by Chakachas
Stations PLAYED this record in 1972?? Talk about needing a shower after listening...

"Just When I Needed You Most" by Randy Vanwarmer
NEW! FROM K-TAL! “SELF-PITY SONGS”! 22 ORIGINAL PITS! 22 ORIGINAL PLODS! RECORD, ONLY $9.9-WHINE!

In other words: gawd, I hate that song.

"The King Is Gone" by Ronnie McDowell
The year: 1977. The place: Tupelo, Mississippi. The station: WTUP. The recently-deceased Local Boy Done Good®: Elvis Presley. The playlist rotation: Heavy. Very, very heavy. The gastric rotation: Even heavier.

"Knock On Wood" by Amii Stewart
ARRRRRRRGH!!!! Memories of the Summer of ‘79 in Birmingham at my grandparents’. FM had overtaken AM. Every time I hear this, I think back to the night I heard “Studio 610” for the first time. My beloved childhood iconic radio station had gone disco in a desperate attempt at relevance. “Back to FM, my Sweet 610, I’ll check back with ya later after you sober up......”

Love it for both of us, as I’m casting my lot toward the Eddie Floyd original.

"Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas
-- somehow, Hong Kong Phooey comes to mind when I think of this song.

ROFLMAO. Now it does for me, too. Suddenly I have an urge to watch an episode of “Schoolhouse Rock.”

Damn you, now I have that stooooopid “Funshine Saturday” jingle going through my head!!! ;-)

"The Last Farewell" by Roger Whittaker
In my advancing age I’ve developed something of an appreciation for MOR (I’ll be posting my own “hitting the wall” tome before long). But this, and every other Eric Robertson production, just leaves my ears covered with that soft-water residue I had to endure back in Troy.

When I hear “Farewell,” I think of WGN-TV .... in the late ‘70s, they played the song’s opening hook as a music bed during their ID.

"Lay a Little Lovin' On Me" by Robin McNamara
Love it. Memories of early ‘70s top-40.

"Life Is a Rock (But the Radio Rolled Me)" by Reunion
File under “I love it, but WHY??!!”

I sure wish whatzisname, the "world's fastest talker" would come out of hiding and record a cover version.

"Livin' It Up (Friday Night)" by Bell and James
-- 70s? I seem to remember this one from the early 80s. Oh well.

1979. So it fits. :-)

"Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)" by Edison Lighthouse
Agreed - take or leave. Sung by rent-a-lead-singer Tony Burrows (see “Beach Baby”, above)

"Love Is In the Air" by John Paul Young
I don’t think that’s love, my friend. From where I sit, it’s those damned paper mills.

"Lovin' You" by Minnie Riperton
“South Park” forever tarnished any sweetness this record ever had.

But I’ve got to admire a woman who can hit that high a note. Phew!

"Magic" by Pilot
See title.

"Magnet and Steel" by Walter Egan
Walter Egan had another brief glimpse of national exposure in 1986: he was a lowly contestant on the game show “Scrabble.” I was watching it, and thought “Hey, is that the same Walter Egan??” No sooner had I thought it, a friend of mine (a fellow music buff) came bursting into my dorm room — “TURN ON SCRABBLE! TURN IT ON NOW!!!!” No sooner had he done so, and saw I was watching it too, Chuck Woolery was interviewing the players and was on Walter ... whom I then heard SINGING the chorus from the song.

How the mighty fell. File under “Puppet Show and Spinal Tap.”

"Makin' It" by David Naughton
-- wouldn't you like to be a sitcom star and make a record of your theme song, too?

Suddenly I crave a Dr. Pepper.

"Mississippi Queen" by Mountain
-- ROCK ON!!!!

Even better is the cut which follows it: “Theme From an Imaginary Western.”
I have a radio aircheck of a guy intro’ing the record: “This is Mountain by Mississippi Queen.”
(“After the Fire” by Der Kommissar, anyone?)

"Montego Bay" by Bobby Bloom
-- Summer Memory Song #(last one plus one).

My gawd, Nettiemac, you’re gonna have one mean box set there.

Oh, and I like this song too.

"Mr. Big Stuff" by Jean Knight
I liked it better when I could hear it “on the AM radio.....”

"Music Box Dancer" by Frank Mills
This is one big reason AOR appealed to me in 1979.


More later!

-Talmadge “Time for Bed!” Gleck

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...