Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Great. God. Almighty.

First off, a happy solstice to any and all friends who celebrate the day! Now to my REAL rant....

Charles Wesley must be rolling in his grave.

Today, George W. Bush addressed the Southern Baptist Convention, and noted that the family is the source of all compassion. Oh, really? According to Wesley's hymn, "Love Divine, All Loves Excelling," the 3rd stanza of the first verse reads (traditional wording): "Jesus, thou art all compassion; pure unbounded love thou art." In a more modern rewording -- the one my parish uses -- it reads as "Jesus, source of all compassion; love unbounded, love most pure."

Hmm -- so which is it, George? The family (meaning in this case, only a family with Daddy, Mommy, 2.7 children, a white picket-fence house, with Spot and Fluffy) or Jesus? I'll take my chances with the Almighty instead......

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...