Saturday, November 05, 2005

In A Mellow Mood....

Yep, I am Miss Mellow this fine evening.

I woke up at 6:00 AM ... yes, on a Saturday, I voluntarily woke at 6:00 AM ... because I had to go into work. We are in the process of moving to a new building in about 4 weeks, and we're trying to rid ourselves of a lot of the crap that has collected over the years. So from about 8:15 to 12:15, we unboxed, sorted, reboxed, tossed, laughed, shook our heads, laughed, etc. trying to get it all together.

Stopped off for lunch... since USC was playing the Razorbacks, I was in a mood for barbecue. So I ate the delicious stuff while watching us get a very not-too-pretty win. One where we were just glad to get out of the stadium..... Sorry to pals Bolivar, Laslo, Hazey, and other assorted Arkies.

And now, I'm watching another game, and sipping on some very delicious vanilla bourbon and Diet Dr. Pepper. Yeah, it sounds weird but it's what's on hand..... mmmmm! It's delightfully mellow! Really, it's not so much "vanilla bourbon" as it is homemade vanilla flavoring -- a cut-up vanilla bean that's soaked in some Maker's Mark. It's about 2 years old, and it's the best vanilla ever. I will be making a couple more batches this winter. And besides being a great flavoring, it makes one hell of a mixed drink! Smooth and delicious!

2 comments:

bolivar said...

Thanks a lot, sweetie - we SHOULD have won that one. Yeah, I know - coulda, shoulda, woulda.
If you like mixed drinks, might I suggest a "Miami Vice"? It's half strawberry daquiri, half pina colada, 100% yum! I tried that drink in the Bahamas back in 2001, spending my five-year anniversary with the disgusting soon-to-be-ex.
I'll try yours if you try mine (hmm, that sounded wrong...)

Later, Bolivar

nettiemac said...

MMM! That sounds delicious.... (making notes here).....

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...