who sold me my copy of "Golden Throats 2"...... I LOVE YOU, MAN!!!!!
I am in intense and utter enjoyment at the wretchedness of these renditions! Let me share with you, the general public, these delights:
1. John Shaft -- Sammy Davis Jr. (note: "John Shaft"??? Not "Theme from Shaft"??)
2. Sunshine Superman -- Mel Torme
3. Light My Fire -- Mae West
4. Hey Jude -- Bing Crosby
5. All I Really Want To Do -- Sebastian Cabot
6. Put A Little Love In Your Heart -- Leonard Nimoy
7. It Was A Very Good Year -- William Shatner
8. Dixie Chicken -- Jack Jones
9. In The Ghetto -- Sammy Davis, Jr.
10. Nights on Broadway -- Chad Everett (and for those of us of a certain age, remember "Medical Center" and "Emergency" and all those shows from the 70s? Speaking of, Julie London of "Emergency" fame (Nurse Dixie) is known to have a few singing clunkers herself....)
11. Stand By Me -- Cassius Clay (Hey, this ain't all bad .... Ali sounds better than more than a few of these dudes)
12. Bridge Over Troubled Water -- Senator Sam J. Ervin, Jr. (yes, THAT Senator Ervin, of Watergate hearings fame)
13. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction -- Phyllis Diller
14. Give Peace a Chance -- Mitch Miller & The Gang
A true monument to overinflated egos and too many yes-men.
I can't wait to get my hands on Volumes 3 & 4.