Saturday, October 01, 2005

Forgive me KatieG....

I am borrowing this from YOUR blog!

10 years ago I was:
Getting ready to START my work for the church. I had just been let go from a huge corporation (think "Death Star"), and totally unsure of how things would turn out. I lasted there 9 years, 4 months, 13 days.

5 years ago I was:
Getting better. Settling into things. Beginning to emerge from a self-imposed tunnel.

1 year ago I was:
Freaking out over what the future was bringing. I should have trusted my gut instincts.

Yesterday I was:
Crying my eyes out because everything seemed to go crazy at work, and I felt as if I'd really let a lot of folks down. I am my own worst critic and that will continue for my lifetime. But then I met friends for dinner, and things got so much better.

5 snacks I enjoy the most:
1. Cheetos Cheesy Puffs -- not the crunchy crap, the poofs.
2. Cool Ranch Doritos
3. Little Debbie Star Crunch.
4. TGIFriday's Baked Potato Skins (the "chip" kind, but I love the real ones too)
5. Whatever is in the vending machine at lunch.

5 songs I know all the words to :
*Okay, really, what songs don't I know the words to!??!* Fine... if you insist:
1. Penny Lane (the Beatles)
2. Amazing (Aerosmith)
3. Honky Tonk Women (Rolling Stones)
4. Kid Charlemagne (Steely Dan)
5. Ain't Too Proud to Beg (The Temptations)

5 things I would do with a billion dollars:
1. Pay off the bills for myself, my brother, and my parents. Set the 'rents up so they'd never have to work another day. Give baby bubba enough ca$h to do what he wants to do.
2. Put half immediately into a Swiss account. Gotta save for my future.
3. Buy my beach house on Sullivan's Island. Or Isle of Palms. Or Folly Beach. Heck, even Edisto would be fine for me -- and BUILD a house here.
4. Set up an endowed chair at my alma mater.
5. Buy a radio station. Make sure it's programmed the way *I* want a station to be.

5 places ideal for running away to:
1. Charleston SC
2. Sao Paulo, Brazil
3. Colorado Springs
4. Fiji ... Guam ... Samoa. Any of the South Seas islands where the men appreciate women with a little "extra" something.
5. Asheville NC

5 items you'll never see me wear:
1. Heels higher than 2" - God did NOT intend for me to teeter.
2. Skirts above the knee. God forbid.
3. Anything in "Clemson Orange" (or Tennessee Orange, for that matter!)
4. a jumpsuit. GAAAK!
5. Overalls

5 best TV shows:
1. Law & Order, any incarnation
2. My Name Is Earl (looks to be pretty doggone good)
3. M*A*S*H (especially the Frank Burns years)
4. Saturday college football
5. Sunday pro football

5 biggest joys in life:
1. Spending time with my godchildren.
2. Spending time with my friends.
3. Knowing I've made someone's day a little brighter and a little lighter.
4. Finding a true bargain.
5. Discovering the beauty to be found in solitude.

5 favorite toys:
1. my cards and poker chips
2. my computer (that counts... doesn't it?) ;-)
3. my truth-or-dare ball (similar to a Magic 8-Ball)
4. a pen and legal pad .... not technically toys either, but I love to write.
5. Hmm.... hmmm... hmm... hmmm... I'll have to add another later.

Thanks Katie -- this was fun!

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...