Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ob-la-di, ob-la-dah....

Life goes on, brah!
La-la how the life goes on


Tonight was the viewing for my friend Tee. She looked good, considering what she had been through. It isn't meant to sound humorous, but I'd never seen Tee as a brunette, and it was a bit jarring. I also saw Em and her little sister .... oh my Lord! The hugs and the tears, the laughs and the memories. They had photo collages of Tee and her family (both birth and her own family), and one of the photos was her senior class picture. It reminded me that Tee and I had gone together to have our pictures made -- and she had done my hair the night before. I had forgotten all about it, and it brought back memories of sitting in her living room, watching that day's episode of Days of Our Lives while she was rolling my hair. I could go on forever.....

And yet, as the life of one of my friends has ended, a new life will come into my family! My newest cousin Maggie will be born sometime soon -- my cousin (her mom) will hopefully be induced tomorrow (crazy thing -- you have to call and see if they can squeeze you in??? What kind of crock is that?). I can't wait to see her after she makes her appearance! I know that Maggie's older brother will have some adjusting to make, but he is a good kid and will do well.

Goodbye Tee -- I will miss you and hope that you greet me on the other side!
Welcome Maggie -- I can't wait to meet you!

Ob-la-di, ob-la-dah
Life goes on, Brah!
La-la, how the life goes on!

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...