Thursday, February 01, 2007

Third time's a charm

Two other times this year, we flirted with a "wintry mix" .... once, I went into work a few minutes late. The next time, it was supposed to be on a Saturday and it missed us altogether.

Today is a different story. We have about 2 inches of snow which fell in the early morning hours. Then later on, sleet and freezing rain was to mix in. So I called my boss this morning and she said, "Don't even think about it. Enjoy the day."

And so I have. I have spent all day at the PC, hanging with my homegirls on my favorite messageboard. I had intended to do more work on my novel, but this was way more fun. It's not that I don't have ideas about the novel.... and I may do some stuff tonight. But I needed the laughs and the fun.

Apparently I've also been a bit on the non-hydrated side. Most days I get in my 8 glasses of water with no problem. Today so far (at 4:30 PM), 12 of them. More to come, too...... Now if I can just get the slight headache/neckache to go away.

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...