Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Thank you, Gwyn, wherever you are....

I'm a little behind everyone else on this one, but Bob Dylan's Modern Times is a very good CD, and I'm so glad I decided to buy it over the weekend. I kept it in the CD drive at work today, and I'm betting I heard it through at least 8 times between 9 AM and 7:15 PM. Not a bad song on there. Bob is back, no doubt. But then again, did Bob ever really go away? (Okay, allow me to answer my own question: Tight Connection To My Heart. God, that was a weird time).

I got turned on to Bob by one of my roommates from freshman year. Gwyn was a huge Bob Dylan fan. Bob could do no wrong. I was a Bob detractor. She played him anyway. Eventually some of the songs began to seep their way into my brain. By the time the Traveling Wilburys came along the next year, I could deal with him and even bought Highway 61 Revisited and Greatest Hits (on cassette and I probably still have them somewhere).

And somewhere along the way, I grew to admire him. Respect him. Love the music. Hated the Tight Connection video, but hey, it was the 80s.

Fantastic. That's all I can say. And this -- thanks, Gwyn.

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...