Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six years ago...

Yes, I could tell you precisely where I was when I heard the news. I could tell you how absolutely numb and heartbroken I felt all day. I could tell you of how I rushed home, and watched nothing but the news until going to bed.

Instead, what I will say is that I am proud to be a citizen of the greatest country in the world. A country which prides itself on both its diversity and its unity. A country not run by theocrats, where freedom to practice one's religion and freedom from a religious state are valued. A country which grants me every opportunity to succeed without regard to my gender, my ethnicity, or any other "definition."

God bless America.

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...