Saturday, January 27, 2007

Helplessly hoping

As far as my earlier decision in the week, I will know more this week. What the thing revolves around is either keeping my current job but drastically changing my hours (starting three hours earlier) -- or switching to a different position in the same department (other side of the accounting fence). My heart is breaking .... I love what I do. It's something I know I'm good at, and I have grown to enjoy the interaction very much. The other stuff, I am very hesitant about, but the hours would remain the same.

My body has never been a morning person. I get up at 5:40 on gym mornings but I force myself to. I rationalize it with "it's only 3 times a week" -- and it works sometimes. But I am hardwired for afternoons and evenings. I have been since I was a child. I was the only one of my peers in second grade who stayed up past 10 regularly. But even in kindergarten (when I went to bed comparatively early), my mother had to drag me out of bed each day. For years and years on end, I have not been able to go to bed before 11:00. If I ever do, there's a good reason: migraine or other illness, or else I had poor sleep the night before and so....

So I face a tough decision: obey my own body or betray it for work I love. I am still not sure how it will all pan out. I'll keep ya posted.

No comments:

Walking Each Other Home

​I wanted to share with you a thing of true beauty I saw today at church.  Let me preface it by saying while I am no fan of Clemson Universi...